LookThink is seeking a Project Manager to join our team. LookThink is a User Experience Design and Technology Consultancy based in Washington, DC. We design, build and deliver intuitive, powerful, and transformative digital tools that drive operations, communication and growth to make a real impact for our clients. We work across a range of industries, including education, healthcare, financial services, association, government and technology. Culturally, we are a roll-your-sleeves-up-and-get-involved kind of group that shares a love of tackling tough challenges on behalf of a wide array of interesting companies and organizations.
In this role, you will work as part of a team of innovative and energetic thinkers - designers, strategists, and engineers to coordinate and deliver impactful projects on time and on budget for our clients. The ideal candidate can successfully manage multiple projects across one or multiple accounts. Our projects tend not to be cookie-cutter or templated engagements. They are consultative efforts structured around each client’s unique circumstance and need. To succeed in this role, an individual must have a solid project management background, is someone who is inherently curious, comfortable communicating with clients, enjoys variety (of project type, size, length and nature), and is comfortable adapting to new information. Professional Services, Design and/or Technology experience is preferred.
Remote US resources are ok for this position. Eastern time zone preferred. Once the pandemic is behind us, some periodic travel - whether to client meetings or our DC headquarters - will be expected.
- Be a proactive and solution-oriented force within both the team and client relationship.
- Set and manage client expectations with regard to budget, timeline, and dependencies throughout the course of every project: identify and facilitate the tackling of any issues that may arise.
- Create, manage and maintain project plans that encompass a framework of milestones and inter-dependent deliverables; adjust and communicate those plans as necessary throughout the course of an engagement
- Actively manage budgets, scope, and time while providing consistent, regular status updates to all parties.
- Define, document, communicate, and enforce any and all of the acceptance criteria necessary to deem the project “complete” and “acceptable” on behalf of the client
- Compile, validate and authorize monthly accurate invoices on a recurrent basis
- Participate in the strategic planning and assignment of team members and resources to projects in collaboration with management and peers
- 3-5 years of professional project management experience, preferably in a professional services, consulting or technology industry.
- Strong financial management skills. Exposure to scoping, burn report tracking and resource allocation across project tasks.
- Experience communicating directly with clients in a thoughtful, professional, diplomatic and independent manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities.
- Comfort with standard productivity software (word processing, spreadsheets, project planning, etc.)
- Be a self-starting team player - able to recognize and step in when and if a project requires to get things done in a hands-on manner.
- Have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Have excellent communication skills and standards - both verbal and written.
- Show a clear ability to work and make effective decisions autonomously.
- Familiarity with Jira for task management, agile methodology/frameworks.
MAJOR RESULTS EXPECTED
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with all clients on the project while fostering an atmosphere of cooperation and goodwill
- Motivate team members, promote teamwork and facilitate outcomes that are deemed successful by both LookThink and our client
- Optimize positive outcomes on behalf of our clients
- Maintain a complete knowledge of the activities, timing, commitments and expectations of projects
- Deliver all projects profitably, on time, and on budget
- The Project Manager is expected to be the one person on the project who can be counted on to have complete command over the health of a project (budget, timeline, client satisfaction) at any moment in time.
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested, please send your resume, salary requirements, and a short note on why you think you’d be great for this position to Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org.