We are seeking a creative team player to support our UX design team, onsite, at our office in Washington, D.C.
As a design intern, you will be a member of the team responsible for creative vision, visual design, and asset production for website and application projects. The ability to contribute ideas to the team and execute the ideas of others quickly and competently is key to the success of our projects and our general work style.
Working at LookThink means working in a highly collaborative and communicative environment -- so job seekers should enjoy and value constant interaction, teamwork, and a diversity of design challenges. Our roll-your-sleeves-up mentality means you’ll work on everything from basic iconography, logos, and infographics to complete website and application UIs, brands, and rebrands.
This is an opportunity to learn by doing from a group of passionate creatives navigating the DC tech world.
- Meet with clients or internal project managers to discuss the vision and requirements of a given project.
- Assist senior designers with conception, mockups, and visual design direction.
- Inspire and collaborate with co-workers to produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant work for clients.
- Possess the ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team. We expect that our team members can get their marching orders and go, as well as communicate and collaborate with coworkers and clients.
- Carry design across web/interactive channels (or at least the desire to learn and engage with this type of work).
- Ability to multi-task and time manage.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (namely Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Working toward BFA (or equivalent) in Graphic Design (or equivalent) and/or a top-notch portfolio with examples of desired skill set.
- Please include a URL to an online portfolio that features your best ideas and designs.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Sketch and UXPin.
- Knowledge or interest in learning more about User Experience and User Interface design principles.
- Understanding of web technologies (HTML & CSS knowledge a plus) and a strong desire to learn more (as all of our projects are web-based).
If interested please send resume and portfolio link to email@example.com. Please include a URL to an online portfolio that features your best ideas and designs.