LookThink is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer to serve as a technical lead on engagements for clients in sectors including science, healthcare, and education. In this role you will be responsible for thoughtfully architecting modern, user-focused solutions and leading teams of developers to deliver products that delight users and achieve client goals.
The ideal candidate is a capable, motivated individual with full stack development experience and a commitment to quickly learning Salesforce development. While the predominant focus will be leading web solution initiatives through Salesforce development, there will be opportunity for development on other platforms such as Java, Node.js, React, or Angular depending on client needs.
You love leading teams. You can engage confidently and directly with the client, communicate project vision, goals, risks, and solution architecture to the team, guide the team through an agile development process, and coach and mentor less experienced teammates.
You love building new things. You can gather requirements, formulate requirements into a thoughtful and cohesive solution, problem-solve, and make purposeful decisions to achieve those goals.
You do things efficiently. You manage your time well and can execute a task in the time and budget allotted. You can recognize risks and potential setbacks and know how to address them.
You love learning. You’re constantly researching new technologies and staying up-to-date on the latest and greatest. You can identify, learn, and introduce new technologies when a project calls for it.
You like variety. You prefer working with different people for different clients for different projects. You want one work-week to look different from the next and do new things every day.
What You’ll Do
- Have ownership over project success by providing technical acumen and insight during project kickoffs and discovery, envisioning and architecting technical solutions, and guiding the project team through successful execution and delivery
- Create applications on the Salesforce platform using its standard functionality as well as its full-stack development technologies (Lightning Web Components, Apex, and SOQL)
- Create applications and sites with a variety of technologies, including Angular, React, Node, Postgres, Drupal, AWS etc
- Interact with and educate clients throughout the development process
- Quickly identify, learn, and use additional new technologies, depending on client needs
- Propose and defend decisions that improve or balance the project roadmap
- Test, analyze, and debug solutions
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and project strategists to ensure delivery of high-quality products to clients
- Stay current with the latest changes and trends in Salesforce and other stacks and platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and teamwork skills
- Must be able to qualify for security clearance
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of development experience, working with technologies including:
- Web service backends with Salesforce, Java, Node, or similar backend technology
- Experience with backend system architecture and data integration desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and DevOps desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to design and implement quality programming solutions
- Must be a self-motivated, self-regulating learner and quickly able to grasp new concepts and technologies
- Occasional, short-term travel may be required
- Experience with agile methodology
LookThink is a user experience consultancy based in Washington DC—just south of Dupont Circle. We’re a tightly-knit team of energetic problem-solvers (20 strong) that prides itself on bringing a fresh perspective to our clients’ business challenges each and every day. Our clients range from small startups to large Fortune 100 corporations across the commercial, nonprofit, and public sectors. Our niche is the rethinking and enhancement of mission-critical business platforms and software that our clients depend on everyday from the perspective of the end-user.
LookThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- OneMedical membership
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch once a month
- A lot of snacks
- Work with awesome people
How to Apply
If interested please send resume and links to repo and/or relevant work examples to email@example.com.