LookThink is hiring a Project Strategist for our rapidly growing team. All work will be done at our headquarters office in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, DC.
At LookThink, being a Project Strategist is similar to being a project manager, but it means more than just managing projects and clients. Project Strategists also function as UX advisors and researchers - working in close collaboration with our information architects, designers, and developers to solve complex problems and deliver impressive solutions to our clients. We’re seeking a strategic thinker who appreciates the value of good user experience and can facilitate the process of creating it. By guiding (and in some cases, generating) the vision for projects, you will help ensure the delivery of best-in-class solutions for websites, applications, and other software like Salesforce.
This position requires an excellent communicator who is organized, autonomous, and motivated. You will be responsible for planning and managing projects from start to finish. As the primary contact on assigned projects, we’ll rely on your ability to communicate with clients and our internal team to keep the project on track in terms of scope, budget, and delivery. Accountability is incredibly important to us, and we expect our Project Strategists to care about the work we do and understand how the deliverables add value for our clients.
- Creating and maintaining strategic plans for multiple concurrent projects
- Defining requirements, setting priorities, and generally managing project work streams
- Facilitating and/or leading strategic discussions about how to best capture and attain the vision for a given project
- Managing client relationships and occasionally visiting or working with them at their offices
- Communicating proactively with clients and internal teams
- Coordinating with department directors to manage the team’s time across a matrixed-resourcing model for all projects
- Tracking and managing project scope and budget
- Developing proposals and statements of work for new projects
- Supporting a range of other functional areas in the business, potentially including marketing, communications, invoicing, and office management
- Bachelor’s degree or more extensive work experience
- Two or more years professional experience in client services
- Minimum one year managing projects, products, and/or a team
- Experience working in at least one of the following fields: Product management, UX design, user research, information architecture, business analysis, or account management
- Skilled in professional writing and speaking (e.g. presentations)
Nice to Haves
- An understanding of development processes, basic coding languages (HTML, CSS, or others), and technical best practices
- Experience working with Salesforce as a user or an Admin
- Experience managing a team of local and remote individuals
- Experience working as a consultant or in a professional services capacity
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- OneMedical membership
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch once a month
- A lot of snacks
- Work with awesome people
How to Apply
If you're interested, please send your resume and any supporting materials to Chandler at email@example.com.
LookThink is a user experience consultancy based in Washington DC—just south of Dupont Circle. We’re a tightly-knit team of energetic problem-solvers (20 strong) that prides itself on bringing a fresh perspective to our clients’ business challenges each and every day. Our clients range from small startups to large Fortune 100 corporations across the commercial, nonprofit, and public sectors. Our niche is the rethinking and enhancement of mission-critical business platforms and software that our clients depend on everyday from the perspective of the end-user.
LookThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.