We’re looking for a Fullstack Developer to join our team! Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, our projects are constantly changing so you’ll have the opportunity to explore many different kinds of work during your time here. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about the quality of your code, but even more so about the impact your code delivers - both to the business and its users.
You love building new things. You can gather requirements, problem-solve, and make purposeful decisions to achieve those goals.
You do things efficiently. You manage your time well and can execute a task in the time allotted. You can recognize risks and potential setbacks and know how to notice them early.
You love learning. You’re constantly researching new technologies and staying up-to-date on the latest and greatest. You’re open to learning new technologies when a project calls for it.
You like variety. You prefer working with different people for different clients for different projects. You want one work-week to look different from the next and do new things every day.
What You’ll Do
- Create applications and sites with a variety of technologies, including Angular, React, Node, Postgres, Salesforce Lightning, Drupal, etc
- Quickly identify, learn, and use additional new technologies, depending on client needs
- Propose and defend decisions that improve or balance the project roadmap
- Educate clients throughout the development process
- Test, analyze, and debug solutions
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and project strategists to ensure delivery of high-quality products to clients
- Stay current with the latest changes and trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and teamwork skills
- Must be able to qualify for security clearance
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of full stack development experience, working with technologies including:
- HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Web service backends with Java, Node, or similar backend technology
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to design and implement quality programming solutions
- Must be a self-motivated, self-regulating learner and quickly able to grasp new concepts and technologies
- Occasional, short-term travel may be required
- Experience with Git or other version control
- Experience with agile methodology
LookThink is a user experience consultancy based in Washington DC—just south of Dupont Circle. We’re a tightly-knit team of energetic problem-solvers (20 strong) that prides itself on bringing a fresh perspective to our clients’ business challenges each and every day. Our clients range from small startups to large Fortune 100 corporations across the commercial, nonprofit, and public sectors. Our niche is the rethinking and enhancement of mission-critical business platforms and software that our clients depend on everyday from the perspective of the end-user.
LookThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- OneMedical membership
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch once a month
- A lot of snacks
- Work with awesome people
How to Apply
If interested please send resume and links to repo and/or relevant work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.