We’re looking for a Frontend Developer to join our team! Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, our projects are constantly changing so you’ll have the opportunity to explore many different kinds of work during your time here. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about the quality of your code, but even more so about the impact your code delivers - both to the business and its users.
You understand the importance of UX. Your passion is coding, but you have an eye for great design and have a good understanding of UX best practices. Your approach to coding is more than just the code. You understand how your role fits into the bigger picture.
You love learning. You’re constantly researching new technologies and staying up-to-date on the latest and greatest. You’re open to learning new technologies when a project calls for it.
You do things efficiently. You manage your time well and can execute a task in the time allotted. You can recognize risks and potential setbacks and know how to notice them early.
You like variety. You prefer working with different people for different clients for different projects. You want one work-week to look different from the next and do new things every day.
What You’ll Do
- Quickly learn and use new technologies, dependent on client needs
- Test, analyze, and debug solutions across environments
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and project managers to ensure timely, accurate delivery to the client
- Present and defend decisions that balance the project roadmap, your own thinking, and fundamental programming principles
- Interact with and educate clients throughout the development process
- Keep yourself and your teammates updated with the latest changes and trends in cloud-based technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of development experience
- Strong skills in writing modern HTML & CSS to bring beautiful designs to life
- Can't imagine life without Version Control
- Eligible for security clearance
Nice to Haves
- Experience collaborating with visual designers
- Code samples showcasing your eye for design
- Experience with the principles and techniques of visual design
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Experience with Drupal or Wordpress
- Experience building REST APIs using NodeJS or other backend technologies
- Experience with implementing WCAG accessible UIs
- Very comfortable in the command-line
LookThink is a user experience consultancy based in Washington DC—just south of Dupont Circle. We’re a tightly-knit team of energetic problem-solvers (20 strong) that prides itself on bringing a fresh perspective to our clients’ business challenges each and every day. Our clients range from small startups to large Fortune 100 corporations across the commercial, nonprofit, and public sectors. Our niche is the rethinking and enhancement of mission-critical business platforms and software that our clients depend on everyday from the perspective of the end-user.
LookThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- OneMedical membership
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch once a month
- A lot of snacks
- Work with awesome people
How to Apply
If interested please send resume and links to repo and/or relevant work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.